A superbly detailed look at VPNs from David Gewirtz:
Whether you’re in the office or on the road, a VPN is one of the best ways to protect yourself on the internet. But how effective are VPNs? What’s the best one for you? What are the downsides? Our executive guide aims to answer all your VPN-related questions — including a few you probably haven’t thought about before.
Which ones are best?
- NordVPN: 30-day refund, lots of simultaneous connections
- ExpressVPN: Detailed FAQ, good refund policy, Bitcoin
- IPVanish VPN: Keeps no log files and has support for Kodi
- PureVPN: Large network, strong technically, good performance
- Surfshark: Unlimited device support, whitelisting feature
- Norton Secure VPN: Company is trustworthy and accountable
- StrongVPN: Excellent infrastructure, decent price performance
- Hotspot Shield: Best money-back guarantee
- Private Internet Access: Lowest yearly price, most servers
- CyberGhost: Supports Kodi, good Linux and router support
Villagers recommend #1 and #2.